Thursday, 11 November 2010

Afterwards




This weeks Illustration Friday entry is a slight cheat, as it is actually my wifes birthday present which happens to fit in with this weeks theme.


I was stomping up the hill after a particularly horrendous day at work, listening to Godspeed You Black Emporer and thinking about what i could do for Tabbys birthday, when my mind drifted to what we would do in the event of an apocolypse as a family. I decided that before we did anything else we would have to comandeer 3 dinosaurs and a Sabre Tooth tiger, and from there the world would be our oyster.


It's a bit of a risk posting this up for Illustration Friday though, as it's not my wifes birthday until Saturday! I'm fairly certain she wont see it though, so fingers crossed....



9 comments:

sylf said...

Wonderful illustration, your wife will be happy!

Vincent Desjardins said...

I love your illustration. The color palette is beautiful and so is the character design. Beautiful!

gatheringwonder said...

checked out your site - great work...come and play at Whimsical Wednesday - more here:
http://quotidianjournal.blogspot.com/p/whimsical-wednesday.html

Isabelle said...

This is beautiful!! Your wife will be sooo happy! The little blond boy reminds me of "Le petit prince", (from writer Antoine de Saint-Exupery.) A whimsical illustration you just did. :)

chelsie q. said...

love your work!

Morph Waffle said...

Everything about your illustration is so super awesome. Your wife will LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Your work is fantastic. Nicely done.

Jeslyn said...

This makes me so happy! I hope that you leave enough dinosaurs for the rest of us to commadeer.

Linda Hensley said...

Love it! Your wife should be thrilled :)